Thursday, October 13, 2011

Fall, Pumpkins, and Thanks!

Mmm...the smell of fresh baked pumpkin bread! The changing of seasons is always so exciting and I love seeing God's creation in a new way.  How creative of him to make four seasons where we can see the beauty of His works in different ways.  Fall has its beauty in colorful yellow and red leaves, crisp fresh air, whimsical windy days, and of course RAIN! I was so happy to see the rain this year as it turned my grass from summer brown to lush green : ) 
As I was decorating for fall I found a sign I bought on clearance last year.  It has a big wooden pumpkin on it and says "Give Thanks".  At first I was not going to put it up thinking that November 24 was too far away.  Then I thought how really we should have an attitude of Thanksgiving all the time.  This year I want to make a tradition of fall being a season of thanksgiving and not just one day! 

Psalm 75:1 "We give thanks to You O God, we give thanks; For Your wonderous works declare that Your name is near."

No comments:

Post a Comment